With pandemic restrictions slowly easing up, Sunway Theme Parks has opted to reopen Sunway Lagoon in Selangor and Sunway Lost World Of Tambun in Perak on 19 December 2020! These parks have been shuttered for over two months, a decision that was prompted by internal pre-emptive deliberation as well as the government’s COVID-19 control measures.
The reopening comes with the debut of ‘State Of Play’, Sunway Theme Parks’ suite of heightened SOPs that help ensure guests have fun without forgoing safeguards against the virus. These SOPs are claimed to exceed those that have been recommended by the Ministry of Health, and will cover the entire combined area of the theme parks, totalling 132 acres.
Spicing things up are new launches in both theme parks, namely Season’s Screaming in Sunway Lagoon and Pirate’s Adventure in Sunway Lost World Of Tambun! These fresh campaigns come with the promise of outdoor experiences that are as immersive as they are safe, allowing visitors to enjoy the thrills and spills of the parks without having to worry about the virus threat not being properly handled.
Executive Director of Sunway Theme Parks Calvin Ho shares his optimism on the reopening, “During the CMCO, our team have been reimagining the idea of PLAY and recreating trust for our guests in a vast outdoor environment. As we continue to navigate the terrains of this global pandemic, our theme parks will relentlessly provide the best experience possible to our guests. This reopening of both our parks will also power up our nation’s economic recovery with domestic travel.
“We’ve been keeping tabs on our social media platforms and we know how much they’ve been looking forward to return to our parks, and our team is excited to serve them again. Sunway Theme Parks is safe and this will reinspire people to come to both Sunway Lagoon and Sunway Lost World Of Tambun.”
There’s also good news for families looking for a wonderful time this holiday season, as Sunway Lagoon is offering packages that includes a stay at a Sunway hotel starting from RM699! This arrangement lets you not only enjoy the theme park at your family’s leisure, but explore nearby Sunway attractions and engage in some retail therapy in Sunway Pyramid Mall.
The RM699 Playful Getaway package comprises a breakfast-included 2D1N stay for two adults and two children, free Sunway Lagoon admission tickets with Quack Xpress for two adults and two children, and a surprise lucky draw. Click here for more info on the packages.
To have an idea of the enhanced health and safety measures by Sunway Theme Parks, the following details the SOPs in place at both sites, which will reopen at 50% capacity.
– Staff are required to fill a digital self-declaration form which was introduced group wide.
– All staff are required to have their body temperature taken.
– All staff are required to be disinfected via the parks’ disinfectant chambers.
– All staff are required to wear face masks.
– All Frontline staff are required to wear an additional face shield.
– Staff on duty at high touch points area are required to wear an additional face shield and gloves.
– Physical distancing distancing at stations, locker rooms, washrooms and high contact areas.
– Cutlery and eating utensils are sterilised before use.
– Flexi screens are introduced in all high contact counters.
Guests and guest areas:
– Guests are encouraged to pre-purchase their entrance tickets and accommodation via online bookings.
– Guests will have their body temperature taken prior to entry to parks.
– Guests are required to go through the parks’ disinfectant chambers.
– Physical distancing is introduced at queue lines and rides.
– Sanitizers will be available for guests use.
– Wearing of face masks are required.
– All high touch points area are sanitised regularly.
– Accommodation at Lost World Hotel and Sunway Lost World Of Tambun are thoroughly sanitised before guests’ check-ins.
– Partial closure of high traffic spaces and elimination of high touch exhibits.
Where Bandar Sunway, Selangor
Tel 03 5639 0000
Sunway Lost World Of Tambun
Where 1, Persiaran Lagun Sunway, Sunway City, Ipoh, Perak
Tel 05 540 8888