As one of the most popular theme parks in Malaysia, Sunway Lagoon’s collection of some 90 attractions covering 88 acres, including those in the Water Park, Amusement Park, Wildlife Park, Scream Park an Nickelodeon Lost Lagoon, are usually buzzing with happy visitors who arrive with family and friends to have a good time. Due to the pandemic however, the frivolity had to be put on hold for a while during the MCO.
A shot depicting a portion of Sunway Lagoon before the pandemic struck
Those who miss its sandy surf beach, thrilling rides, exotic animals and more have much to rejoice now as it reopens tomorrow, 4 July 2020! As the Sunway Lagoon puts it, Let’s Play!
Although the pandemic is seemingly ebbing away in Malaysia in this RMCO period, caution has not been placed on the back burner here. Since January, the park has been working to instill anti-COVID-19 measures, strictly adhering to guidelines by the relevant authorities. Below are some of the steps taken by Sunway Lagoon to secure the safety and well-being of guests.
– All staff are required to fill in a digital self-declaration form which was introduced group wide.
– All staff are required to have their body temperature taken.
– All staff are required to wear face masks.
– Social distancing practices at stations, locker rooms, washrooms, suraus, and staff canteens.
– Staff to minimize physical contact with guests (ex: non-contact greeting).
– Wildlife Park staff practice bio security procedures and are equipped with protection gears while handling animals to prevent any contamination from human to animal and vice versa. UV lights and germicide treatment have also been increased to eliminate unwanted viruses.
GUESTS AND GUEST AREAS:
– Guests are encouraged to pre-purchase their entrance tickets via online.
– Guests are required to fill in a digital self-declaration form before entering Sunway Lagoon.
– Guests will have their body temperature taken prior to entering the theme park.
– Wearing of face masks are encouraged (exclusively designed face masks are also available for purchase as souvenirs).
– Social distancing is introduced at queue lines and rides.
– Guests to sanitise hands upon entering and exiting rides.
– Rides will be cleaned and disinfected after each ride cycle.
– Guests are required to use a face mask and apply hand sanitizer before interacting with the animals and to wash their hands with soap at the designated sinks after each contact.
– Sanitizers will be available for guests to use at all Ticketing Counters, Rides Entry & Exits,
Food and Retail Outlets, and All Cashier Counters:
– Food and Retail outlets will practice social distancing, limiting guests into outlets and all contact points will be continuously cleansed and disinfected.
– Frequent disinfecting will be conducted at the surau premises. Limited to a certain capacity at a time, designated praying areas will be marked to ensure social distancing and guests will need to bring their own praying mat as well as praying attire.
– Guests are encouraged to make contactless payment via e-payment options available in the park such as credit card, e-wallet (Maybank QRPay, AliPay, Grabpay, UnionPay) and Sunway
– Lockers will be wiped and sanitised after every usage.
– All high touch point areas are sanitized every 2-hours (ex: escalator rails, door handles, high traffic areas).
– Pools are chlorinated and the water quality is consistently checked every 2-hours featuring an auto dosing system used for maintaining pool water chemistry at required parameters.
Photos showing the disinfecting and cleaning measures throughout the theme park
Executive Director of Sunway Theme Parks Calvin Ho has further emphasised on the implementation of these safety measures, saying, “We have customers enquiring via our social media platforms on safety in all our pools. We want to reassure our customers that Sunway Lagoon has always prided itself in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. There are also consistent checks of our water quality including testing by an independent third-party water quality control contractor. We are always in constant contact with the Ministry of Health (MOH) should the need arise and to ensure that factual information is channelled to the public in a consistent manner.
“As we have practised prior to MCO, guests are reminded to take good care of their personal hygiene while enjoying the park. We will be providing our guests with hand sanitizers prior to and after feeding the animals to protect both humans and our furry friends.”
To welcome back the crowds, Sunway Lagoon has also thrown in some promos for this weekend!
The first 1,000 walk-in guests on 4 and 5 July will receive a surprise gift pack to make the visit all the more memorable.
Meanwhile, those who purchase their tickets online for the same dates can enjoy free Quack Xpress pass! With this pass, visitors have access to express lanes for the different attractions.
WHERE Bandar Sunway, Selangor
ADMISSION RM170-RM202 (check pricing on website)
TEL 03 5639 0000