Since 1887, St Mary's Cathedral has become the headquarters for the Anglican Diocese of West Malaysia and remains the oldest Anglican church in Kuala Lumpur. St. Mary's Cathedral was consecrated by the Right Revd George Frederick Hose, the Bishop of Singapore, Labuan and Sarawak, on February 13, 1887.
The original church was a simple wooden building situated on Bluff Road Hill, now known as Bukit Aman, where the headquarters of the Royal Malaysian Police is now located. The church organises Sunday Services weekly in four different languages including English, Bahasa Malaysia, Iban and Nepali, and hosts seminars on biblical theology, parenting and marriage and doctrine yearly.
Photo credit: facebook.com/stmaryscathedralkl