30 September 2017:
Documentary filmmakers, don’t miss this opportunity to present your idea on the international stage!
If you have the desire to watch your own creation on television one day, or are already in the industry and fantasise of doing more, then this is your chance to turn that dream into a reality!
Crossing Borders has opened a welcoming door to documentary professionals, giving them the opportunity to Guest Pitch at the Crossing Borders International Pitching Forum that will take place in Kuala Lumpur on 9 December 2017.
Functioning as a platform for selected documentary professionals to share ideas and pitch their project to international broadcasters as well as seasoned funders from across the globe, the forum will be open to public – which means that enthusiastic documentary filmmakers and interested onlookers are allowed to observe the pitches.
More information about the forum will be announced by the end of October. For updates and more information on Crossing Borders International Pitching Forum, follow the MyDocs Facebook page.
In this vein, Crossing Borders is on the search for Malaysian documentary professionals – directors, producers and writers – who possess experience in their domestic market, but are looking to work in the international field.
Crossing Borders is looking for:
- All types of factual media, especially television series, creative documentaries, multi-platform projects
- Genre films, e.g. history, science, arts, wildlife, natural history, environment or human interest
- Great stories that need additional development before being pitched internationally
- Stories and characters that can reach global audiences
- a 2-page presentation of the documentary project
- a financing plan and estimated completion date for project
- director’s CV and/or producer’s CV
- a short profile of the production company (if applicable)
- a short self-presentation video stating your motivation to take part in the training
- a trailer and/or examples of previous work
Click here to get a better idea of other successfully pitched Crossing Borders projects.
The submission deadline is 5.00pm on Friday, 13 October 2017, so it’s best to get a move on with preparing your proposals!
Crossing Borders 2017 is in partnership with The National Film Development Corporation Malaysia (FINAS) and The Malaysian Documentary Association (MyDocs). For more information on Crossing Borders, check out their website.